Whenever you plan to go out on a trip, you tend to choose those places in the world which are much different from the place you live in so that you may get several new things to witness. By now you must have learnt to adapt yourself to the changes that you find while traveling. Nevertheless, there are still many who make lots of mistakes whenever they travel, no matter how many times they’ve traveled before. Regardless of whether you’re traveling to countries like South Asia, Africa, Latin America or East Europe, each place has something new to offer you.
We will offer you a list of the things that you’d wish you knew before traveling so that you don’t end up in a mess. Check them out.
- It is legal to purchase medicine, including drugs which are prescribed by doctors for very little money abroad. If you’re off to Asia or Africa, you can stock up anti-malarials which cost $5 in a day.
- If you’re looking for the best healthcare, it is not going to be in the US or Canada or the UK. Rather the best healthcare is available in places like Costa Rica and Thailand and this is why medical tourism keeps surging in the travel industry.
- In case you’re jetlagged and you wish to spend some time without your luggage in any destination you’re traveling to, you have got luggage storage in local shops like Luggagehero.com which offer you the chance to keep your luggage safely at a place and take rest without any worry. Doesn’t this seem interesting enough?
- If you wish to use the credit card, you should check your online statement once in a week so that you can be sure of not having any fraudulent charges. For the bigger hotel stays, make sure you store all the receipts so that you can compare the charges later on.
- Taxis should be hired outside the airport. If there’s a guy who approaches you when you’re walking out of the airport, just ignore him. It is even better to walk far from the airport where the taxis enter because you will get the best deal as the driver won’t require paying an entrance fee.
- The police aren’t going to be your best friends always. It is sad but it is also true at the same time that the services of the police are usually outsourced to a highest bidder. There are policemen who won’t be friends with you and hence you need to be aware of them, not afraid.
- Don’t make promises which you don’t plan to keep. Don’t ever tell the vendors that you will buy from them the next day and don’t offer your hand to assist anyone in visiting the country. These will have a bad impact on you and this is something that you shouldn’t do while you’re on a vacation.
Therefore, before you plan your next trip, keep in mind the above listed things so that you don’t fall in trouble and mess up the trip.