Winter is coming! The time to trek has come, and what could be better than getting near the sky and increasing your altitude during these winters? Mountains are calling, and it’s time to rejuvenate your energy to see the world from the top and fulfill the inner desires you have been holding for. If you have been waiting to trek to some of your favorite destinations, but have been procrastinating your wishes due to finances, then read on about personal loans for travel, and start planning for your trek now.
How Personal Loans Will Take You to the Mountains?
Personal loans are the unsecured lending arrangements extended by banks and financial institutions. The borrowers can avail these for any purpose. Because of its unsecured nature, it has a wider reach among the people. With a personal loan for travel, it’s time for you to stop holding your desires and start living.
Features of Personal Loans
Personal loans encompass the following features:
- Interest rates: Being unsecured loans, personal loans are still quite affordable, and the personal loan interest rates start at just 10.99% per annum.
- Unsecured loan: Being unsecured, no security is required to avail of a personal loan for travel. Therefore, you do not need to worry about your possessions.
- End-use: Personal loans come with unrestricted end-use. Therefore, you can use your personal loan funds for your purchasing anything, business, meeting medical expenses, and for travel as well. It, therefore, comes with great flexibility for the borrowers.
Requirements for availing of a personal loan
Following are the requirements for availing of a personal loan:
- Fulfillment of eligibility criteria: The borrower needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria for availing of a personal loan. While each lending institutions have their own eligibility criteria, some of the common terms include:
- Age: The age of the applicant should be between 22 years to 58 years.
- Income: The monthly income of the applicant should be at least Rs. 15,000.
- Experience: The applicant must have a work experience of at least one year.
Apart from the above, the applicant must have a good CIBIL score that proves the borrower’s creditworthiness. A CIBIL score above 750 improves the chances of fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
- Documentation: Documentation requirements for personal loans are minimal and includes:
- Identity Proof (Basic KYC documents like PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, etc.)
- Address proof
- Income proof
- Bank Statements for at least last 6 months
- Employment Certificate and salary slips (in case of salaried applicant)
Personal Loan EMI Calculator
If you are planning to avail of the personal loan but are worried about the repayments, then you can use the personal loan EMI calculator to pre-plan your repayments. You just need to enter your loan amount, personal loan interest rate, and the tenure for the personal loan. You will get the exact idea of the amount that you will need to allocate from your monthly budget towards EMI repayment. Following tips may be useful to you:
- Loan amount: Prepare a budget of all the expenditures that you may incur. These shall include the cost of travel, stay, food and shopping.
- Tenure: These depend upon your monthly income and other expenditures. In case you want shorter EMIs, then you can always opt for a longer tenure.
A personal loan for travel can be a great tool to take you to the mountains. Being easy to avail and flexible terms, you just need to plan and execute. Why delay your wishes and keep seeing your dreams when you can actually live them?
For more information, please visit our Tata Capital’s website.