Vancouver, located in Washington State, can be your destination for a quick vacation. If you are flying in, the Portland International Airport is the nearest one and is accessible via Interstate 205. Once you are here, you can choose to take a car to get around. You can find more about Vancouver below, along with a few tips for traveling.
- Make time for Pearson Air Museum. Open between Wednesday and Saturday, the Pearson Air Museum is one of the important places to see here. Make sure to keep at least two to three hours to get around the place, which is historic in many ways.
- The next place on the list is Fort Vancouver National Historic Site, which is open between 9 am to 5 pm during the summers and is located on East Reserve Street. It is also very close to the Pearson Air Field. Every year, an incredible firework show is held on July 4th.
- One of the other places worth visiting is the Esther Short Park, where you can find rose garden and many fountains. Also, the summer is the best place to come, because there are many concerts/festivals happening here, and the entry to the park is free.
- If you are coming here between March and October, you can take a trip to the Vancouver Farmers Market, where you can find fresh fruits, veggies and meats available from local produce. The experience is quite organic to say the least.
- Do make time for Portland if you come here. It’s close and not to forget, one of the must-visit places on anyone’s list. Take I-5, and you can also Olympia, and Seattle, which are two to three hours drive from the city.
- For those who want to enjoy the weather and nature, Mount St. Helens is a good choice, just an hour away. Here, you can have great fun around The Ape Caves, which are lava tunnels. Please keep a flashlight handy and wear warm clothes, because the caves feel dark and cold even in the summers.
If you are planning to stay longer, check with one of the travel agents to find the best deals. It is always better to come in the summers, especially if you are interested in the local concerts and festivals. The hotels are not extremely expensive, but if you book in advance, it is likely that you will find better deals. The public transport is pretty good, although you will do better with a car in Vancouver. For those who want to enjoy the mountain views, booking a hotel close to one of the outskirt areas is a better idea. As far as expenses are concerned, Vancouver is quite affordable as compared to other destinations surrounding it, but do take your time to evaluate the place. Also, there are agents available for those who want to book a house for a longer period extending beyond a month.
Check online now to find more on Vancouver, and don’t forget to look for travel deals.